As you probably know I'm Bella! Starting a business has always been a dream of mine and I'm so happy that YOU are helping me achieve it.
A Little Bit About Me
I'm from small town Iowa and I couldn't be more in love with the familiar faces and the opportunities it gives me. I have my associates degree in Business administration, I graduated in December of 2021! I run my business full-time:) I have a pit-bull/lab puppy named Todd!
How I Started Thrifting
Thrifting has always been a part of my life. I work very hard to afford things that I want and need but I'd like to save as much money as possible. When I started paying for my own clothes, I couldn't afford to buy popular, name brand things at retail price. That's when I REALLY got into thrifting. I realized that you can save SO MUCH money and still look FABULOUS. One thing I didn't realize about thrifting then was how much it helps our planet. 84% of unwanted clothing ends up in landfills. It also take 2,700 liters of water to create one cotton t-shirt, isn't that CRAZY. By shopping at cheaper alternatives like second hand shops and thrift stores, you are slowly saving our planet. Mother Nature and I thank YOU. If this wasn't enough to get you on board, I'll list a couple of my favorite things about thrifting!
WHY THRIFTING IS AMAZING
- So many styles and era's to choose from! Thrifting became popular in the 1920's, how AWESOME would it be to find a piece from back then.
- You can try new styles out for pennies on the dollar. Maybe you don't wear much blue so you try a blue top. Even if you don't like it you can donate it back and you only lost a couple bucks instead of $50!
- It's always a treasure hunt, you don't go into the thrift store looking for something, it's always a surprise!
- ONE OF A KIND ITEMS. I have MULTIPLE items in my closet that are rare or one of a kind. Usually, rare items are very expensive and hard to get your hands on but when you're thrifting it's MUCH easier:)
- By buying second hand, you are literally reclaiming what could have been waste. Hence, my business name:)
Why I Started My Business
Once I realized how important thrifting is to the planet it became more important to me. There is a thrifting community on Instagram that I discovered early last year and there are TONS of people who resell and customize thrifted items. I thought it was something that I could do to express myself and learn more about how a business is ran with minimal costs! It's been an AMAZING experience so far. I can't wait to see where it takes me!